MRSEC Scholarship for Undergraduate International Research Experiences
Eligibility Criteria: UW-Madison degree-seeking undergraduate students currently performing or interested in materials science research and nominated as participants for the CityU Hong Kong Summer Exchange Program, the TiTech SERP program, the TiTech Summer Program, or the NUS SERIUS program. Prior research experience is required. Prior study of Chinese (CityU HK) or Japanese (TiTech) language is not required. Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
How to apply:
- For TiTech SERP program and TiTech Summer Program, send application materials (see below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For CityU and NUS programs, apply online at Scholarships@UW, search “MRSEC”
Scholarship application deadline:
- For TiTech SERP program and TiTech Summer Program: January 8, 2016
- For CityU and NUS programs: January 22, 2016
- TiTech SERP program – up to 3 scholarships at $5,000 each
- TiTech Summer Program - up to 2 scholarships at $5,000 each
- CityU HK Summer Exchange Programme – up to 4 scholarships at $5,000 each
- NUS SERIUS program - up to 2 scholarships at $5,000 each
Short Answer Questions
Please include the answers to these questions in your application packet:
1. What summer research program are you planning to attend? (You may indicate interest in more than one program)
2. Please provide the name of the UW-Madison faculty member whose lab you are working in. (If applicable)
Short Essay Questions
Please answer the following essay questions and include in your application packet (Please limit each response to ≤ 1/3 page in length):
1. Describe your prior/current research experience.
2. What are your reasons for participating in an international summer research program?
3. What are your career goals?
Please include an updated curriculum vitae or resume as part of your application packet.
Please include your official academic transcript as part of the application packet.
Additional materials for Tokyo Tech SERP nomination
If you wish to be considered for the Tokyo Tech SERP summer research program, please also include the following with your scholarship application materials:
1. List of three professors you would like to be supervised by at Tokyo Tech,
2. Statement of research intention under each selected supervisor.
Tokyo Tech professors can be identified using the Star Search System: http://search.star.titech.ac.jp/titech-ss/lang.act?forward=search.act&lang=en